The most accurate way to get the best results would be to take a glass flip it upside down and reach as far down as you can into the water then flip the glass right side up and pull the glass out of the water. At this point, you will be able to place your test strip in your water sample and wait at least 15 seconds for the results to appear. Once you have waited 15 seconds then you can hold the test stripe up to the colour chart shown on your bottle.
Note: Don’t wipe, shake or touch the test strips.
Most levels of test results are measured in PPM (Parts Per Million)
- Total Hardness: This will measure the total level of calcium in your water this level affects your hot tub equipment and surfaces over time. Total hardness should be between 75-150 PPM.
- Total Chlorine/Bromine: This level should be between 1-3.
- Free Chlorine: Should be between 3-5.
- PH: This level should be between 7.2-7.8 with 7.5 being ideal.
- Total Alkalinity: 80-120 PPM.
- Cyanuric Acid: Follow your specific stabilizer instructions on the bottle.
Follow These Steps For Optimal Chemistry!